Restaurant Week Part IV: Tommy Bahamas

Ok. So it's a chain, but I have to say that I have never been disappointed whenever I eat at Tommy Bahama. It has been fantastic every single time. This is saying a lot for a restaurant that has been around for over a decade with food that has not gone down in quality over the years. I have had everything from paella to pork to seafood to steak. It's all good. I've never had anything there I didn't like. Even the bread with pumpkin spice flavored butter was stupid good.



For starters, the Coconut Shrimp is just as good now as I remember it being ten years ago. I would say that it is the best Coconut Shrimp that I have ever had. Like, there have been times when I didn't even bother with real food. I just wanted the Coconut Shrimp! Don't judge me. Just the right amount of sweet and salty and fried, served with a fresh, crisp, crunchy slaw. The Restaurant Week portion was significantly smaller than the usual appetizer portion, but it still suited my needs.


Fish Tacos are one of my favorite foods EVER. Tommy's did them well. Not the best I've ever had in my entire life, but I'd say they are definitely worth ordering. I did not have the Brisket Burger (also on the Savor Sarasota menu), but trusted sources say it is amazing. The Plantains were in a cool dish of pina colada yogurt, which was a nice offset to the acidity in the tacos.


Sadly, Tommy Bahama did not offer a 3rd Course, but Lauren and I decided to split the Chocolate Mousse Pie, and boy were we glad we did. Talk about decadence to the nth degree. A thick, Oreo crust filled with chilled, silky chocolate mousse, topped with chocolate whipped cream. It was a chocoholic's fantasy.


Tommy Bahama is not the sort of place you can just eat at on any given day (unless you're a spoiled trust fund baby or an oil tycoon). An appetizer alone with cost you about $16. I'm not sure if Tommy's is extending their Savor Sarasota deals as some of the restaurants are, but if it is, DO IT. It's definitely worth it.

http://www.tommybahama.com/restaurants/sarasota

Comments

Popular Posts