Restaurant Week Part III: Muse at the Ringling

Everything about you resonates happiness. Now I won't settle for less.

This so aptly describes my feelings for the burger I just ate. Yes, these are Muse lyrics. Why? Because I just ate at Muse at the Ringling, the vegetarian friendly bistro near the entrance of the Ringling Museum of Art.




 The inside has a bright, quirky, artsy feel and would have been quite pleasant if not for the tables so awkwardly close to each other. Thankfully, it was not packed today or I'm sure Brittani and I would have overheard quite a few private conversations. But I digress.

For starters, Brittani ordered the Roasted Almond Butter Hummus and I ordered the Roasted Vegetable Bisque. (Apparently adding "Roasted" to the description makes it fancier.) The almond hummus tasted very similar to a standard chickpea hummus. By itself, the hummus was good, but paired with the Super Seed Crackers (think Everything Bagel, but in cracker form) it was elevated to a solid 8/10.  The bisque was a nice take on a classic veggie soup. It was slightly chunky, which I actually really liked about it. It gave it a heartier feel than most bisques, but I was not having to chew through it like a stew. From what I tasted, I believe it to be made up of tomatoes, carrots, and peppers. If there were any other veggies, it was lost on my palate. All in all, I'd give it a 7/10.



Brittany ordered the Smoked Chicken Quesadillas for her second course. These were stuffed with grilled onions, smoked chicken in a malt bbq glaze, and cheddar cheese. Personally, I would have taken a Poppo's Quesadilla (THE BEST) over this rendition of the Mexican grilled cheese, but Brittani really seemed to enjoy it. I probably would have given it a 6/10 but judging from the pleasure my trusted friend seemed to derive from eating it, I guess I'll bump it up to a 7/10.


And now for the piece de resistance: The Muse Griddle Burger! Judging from the title, it doesn't sound like much, but when you throw in the brie, the bacon jam, onion frites, romaine lettuce, and the herb aioli, we're talkin' my love language. It came with a brioche bun, but I couldn't care less because I took the top off and ate it open faced anyway. Not only was the burger thick and perfectly cooked (medium, so lightly pink), but the flavors that came together (the creamy brie, the sweet bacon jam, and the crispy onion frites) were exquisite, and, quite frankly, took me by surprise. It may have earned itself a seat in my rankings as of one of the best burgers I've had in Sarasota. 10/10.


My opinion of the food at Muse at the Ringling was not terribly high starting out. I thought it was good, but nothing to rave about... until I bit into that burger. I'm not sure what else is good there. I'm sure there are other top notch dishes, but all I can say is, GO GET THAT BURGER!






Comments

Popular Posts