Restaurant Week Part I: 62 Bistrot

This time I went French. I was in a hipster mood so I said, "Ok, I'm going to go discover the tiny not-a-chain place no one has heard of." I walked in and thought, "Mmm. It feels very French in here."


The server (a real French woman) was very pleasant and accommodating. I tried to check my Instagram and Facebook while I waited for my friend, Brittani, to arrive, but reception was spotty and internet connection was low. It was a good reminder to put my phone away and be an unplugged human being for a while. (I was good. I only used my phone to snap a few pictures.)

From the moment Brittani sat down, service was prompt and efficient, which impressed me as there was only one server for all the tables. I started with the Soup du Jour, a sort of French Gazpacho with tomato, celery, garlic, and other assorted veggies. It was cold, fresh, and delicious. Brittani had the Salade de Bleu & Noix with bleu cheese and walnuts.


We both chose the Quiche Lorraine, which came with a side salad and creamy vinaigrette.  The quiche was cooked to perfection from crust to filling. Everything was made with fresh ingredients and I was pleased to have a side salad of Romaine Lettuce and not Iceberg.

For dessert, we each had a crepe. She got the lemon and I got the chocolate sauce so that we could go halvsies and have a bit of both. The lemon was delightfully tart and sweet. The crepe with chocolate sauce, however, was rather a disappointment. It was essentially a crepe with Hershey's chocolate syrup drizzled over it.

While the lunch I had today, I'm sure, is only the tip of the iceberg of menu offerings at 62 Bistrot, I can confidently say that it is quality food that I can heartily recommend. You will not be dazzled or amazed at the creativity or innovativeness of this cuisine, but if you're in the mood for traditional, unpretentious French fare, 62 Bistrot fits the bill.

https://www.my62bistrot.com/

Comments

Popular Posts