I Eat Ritzy: Jack Dusty

On a Friday noon so fine, I drove a precious friend
To tickle the ivory keys that grace the Ritz's hallway end.
She firmly insisted I should go and dine at her expense.
How could I refuse free food? To do so would be dense!

I was greeted with the utmost care as I approached the hostess stand.
Once seated comfortably I was assured my wish was their command.
So I started off with bubbly pink, and bread in a can so brown
Made with honey and molasses and almost cake-like, moist and round.


I wavered for a good long while over what to order next.
Fish n Chips or Fish Tacos? I was thoroughly vexed.
Thankfully my darling server, one Edgar by name,
Assured me once I tasted the tacos, I'd never be the same

He was quite right! The Form of Fish Tacos was sitting right on my plate!
Beer-battered Wahoo, Jalapeno Ranch Slaw, & Avocado crying to be ate!
Perfectly crispy, perfectly zesty, tangy, and wonderfully fresh!
Would I order them again? Absolutely! OMG YESH!


Quite full and satisfied was I, yet just enough room for
A little something cold and sweet, delightful to the core
Sorbet of Peach and Guava, oh so delicate and light
Did cool my summer melancholy.  Jove! This humidity is a blight!


A luxurious lunch indeed, my friend, and service none can top
Food consumed down to the crumb, champagne to the last drop
But don't just take my word for it, go try it for yourself!
A little Jack Dusty now and then is marvelous for the health.

Bonus: My favorite cocktail is served there. The Siren. $23, but it's the equivalent of two drinks, and is meant to be sipped over the course of several hours.  The reason for it is the base is a mix of Vodka (but I get it with Gin), Elderflower Liqueur, Simple, Lemon Juice, & Prosecco. Placed inside are 3 giant ice cubes: one cranberry, one grapefruit, and one orchid. As the ice gradually melts, the drink takes on different nuances of flavors with every sip. Truly exquisite and worth every penny. (If you like fruity drinks. If not, don't get it.)

Ambience: 10/10.
Service: 10/10
Food: 9/10
Good for: Anytime you want to feel like a Middle Class Yuppie
Castillo Perelada Cava "Stars" Brut- $12
Jack's Fish Tacos-$18
Peach Guava Sorbet- $6

Comments

Popular Posts