I Eat Falafel: Pita's Republic

Where do I go when I want something fast, fresh, and delicious but I'm so over Chipotle?

Hands down, Pita's Republic on Fruitville and Honore!


Not only is the food affordable and mouth pleasing, but the customer service is top notch!  I have never been met with a surly attitude or with hurried indifference commonly found in most fast-food restaurants (except Chick-fil-A), but instead, am always greeted warmly and given attentive service.

Now let's talk pitas. We're talking the warm, thick, chewy kind that tastes similar to naan. The hummus is creamy, and the ingredients that stuff the pita are fresh. The gyro's are not quite at the level you'd find at a legit Greek Festival, but they get the job done.  The chicken pitas, the Greek Feast, or the Power Pita are my favorites. I am usually all about meat, but the hearty and scrumptious combination of hummus, falafel, eggplant, and tabouli in the Power Pita just get me excited. They also have salads, wraps, and chops which are also good.


Every day they have a Pita-of-the-Day for $6, and on Sundays they have a 2 for $10 deal.  Also daily, there is a 2 Combo Meals for $16. This includes two pitas, two drinks, and two chips.

I am working up enough courage to try their Dolmades (stuffed grape leaves) as I am terrified of being disappointed, but one thing that does not disappoint is the Falafel. For fast food falafel, Pita's Republic does it well. If you don't know what Falafel is, think Mediterranean Hush Puppies but more garlicky and herby and made of chick peas.


You can either eat them stuffed in a pita or just by themselves, dipped in tahini (ground sesame), hummus, or tzatziki (yogurt & cucumber) sauce. Falafel is my go-to side dish, but some days I forego the pita altogether and just get a side of falafel. They're just that good.

SO, if you're looking to not break the bank and you want something fast and easy that won't clog up your arteries, try Pita's Republic located right next to Keva Juice and Starbucks.

(And if you happen to have a subpar experience, don't complain.  It's only $7.)

Comments

Popular Posts